Tuesday, July 21, 2015

river valley week número uno

greetings from the land of River Valley.  It's a great place and we have a car.  I actually miss walking though and talking with so many people like we did downtown.  and let me tell you, I MISS THE GHETTO OF DOWNTOWN SO MUCH IT'S SAD.  River Valley is pretty rich, so these people need some humbling.  Being a sister training leader is really weird, I go on my first exchange as STL today!  I don't really know our area yet seeing as I've been here 6 days, but I'm staying so it'll be an adventure!  Pray for me!  I also get to go on exchanges with the sisters in Drayton Valley, so my life is now complete.  I love those people. 

soooooo leaving Forest Heights was weird.  Saying goodbye was sad, but I'm still in Edmonton, so I'll see everyone again. :) 
Here's a miracle from this week!

We do this really awesome thing called "power hour" with the members.  We pray with them and they pick a place on the map of our area that we'll contact in the next hour.  It takes so much faith, because we literally promise them that we'll see miracles, then we go back after and tell them what happened.  Saturday night we did one!  Started talking to people who weren't interested at all...then we saw this guy a block away so we decided to run to talk to him!  He was surprised, but we told him about the Book of Mormon and a modern day prophet.  He was really intrigued, and we asked him if he ever thought about the concept of having a prophet today on the earth.  He just said,"...well... yeah.  that would make a lot more sense.  Here I'll give you my number so you can come teach me."  WHHHHAAAAA???  so cool.  So we're trying to set up a meeting with him this week.  His name is Akin.  Pray for him!
As I have been continuing on in my 40 day fast, i have felt the spirit SO strong.  The spirit has been so present and so empowering.  I love being here and i love being able to receive that communication from my Heavenly Father many times a day.  I can't even put into words how full my heart is.  
This gospel really is the greatest thing.  I know it's true.  I'm so grateful to be here and I'm so thankful for the example of Jesus Christ.  I'm trying more and more everyday to be more like him and to do what he would do if he were here.  I'll let my favorite primary song speak for me:

I'm trying to be like Jesus;
I'm following in his ways.
I'm trying to love as he did, in all that I do and say.
At times I am tempted to make a wrong choice,
But I try to listen as the still small voice whispers,
"Love one another as Jesus loves you.
Try to show kindness in all that you do.
Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought,
For these are the things Jesus taught."

I'm trying to love my neighbor;
I'm learning to serve my friends.
I watch for the day of gladness when Jesus will come again.
I try to remember the lessons he taught.
Then the Holy Spirit enters into my thoughts, saying:
"Love one another as Jesus loves you.
Try to show kindness in all that you do.
Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought,
For these are the things Jesus taught."

Onward, ever onward.
Sister Jones



No comments:

Post a Comment