Tuesday, August 11, 2015

That we might not shrink


Well well well this week was nuts and I feel like our area got put on the back burner for a bit. 
We had two zone meetings that we gave trainings at, and the first one went like...perfect. Ha it was awesome, the spirit was so strong and there was so much participation and it went exactly as planned. So much revelation it was PRIME. then the second one....hahahah like halfway through the elders training, we realized they were practically giving OUR training and sister Howard and I just look at each other like uhhhhhhh what do we do.  So we basically had like the 5 minute break in between he trainings to plan a 60 minute training on the other half of what president gave us at MLC.  Hahhahahha Yeah it was crazy, but the spirit really took over and it turned out to be a successful training after having the spirit somewhat called people to repentance through us in the beginning....weird when that happens. 


So the trainings were good, we had some other STL responsibilities come up that took us away from our area quite a bit, but we were able to serve so much which is what I am here to do.

We had exchanges and I got to go with sister Wangsgaard who is a BOSS and she goes home next week so I felt like she should be the sister training leader. I learned so much from her it was wonderful. 

We also found a GLORIOUS canola field and went to take some pictures in it and now some crazy bugs or plant gave us these sketchy rash/spots on our legs that KILL ha so that happened. 

While we were doing our weekly planning, we were trying to figure out what on earth to do to get this area going and to get investigators who will progress, so we were like, "hey, maybe we should drop everyone that's not progressing" then we realized that you need people to drop...like you have to actually be teaching people haha so just pray that we can find the elect.  

We did find some potentials though!!!  A couple weeks back in exchanges, we found this man named Ike that told us to come back later, which is what a lot of people tell us to make us leave, but we came back last night and met his wife Isi and they're from Nigeria!!!  And she set up a time tomorrow for us to come back!!!!!!! Seriously it was the biggest miracle of my life. I just can't thank Heavenly Father enough for these miracles and tender mercies that he sends to me. 

I GET TO GO TO DRAYTON THIS WEEK. that's a miracle. 

Sometimes, things are rough when you don't really have any investigators and you go out every day doing your best to find those who are prepared. Sometimes when things are rough, it is easy to just put yourself on survival mode, but I have realized that WE CANT JUST DO THAT!  Ever!  

"As we confront our own … trials and tribulations, we too can plead with the Father, just as Jesus did, that we ‘might not … shrink’--meaning to retreat or to recoil (D&C 19:18). Not shrinking is much more important than surviving! Moreover, partaking of a bitter cup without becoming bitter is likewise part of the emulation of Jesus” 


not shrinking is much more important than surviving. I have reflected upon this for the past few months of my mission. No matter what life throws at us, we have to realize that we are sent here to be tried. Elder Bednar says in the same talk:

"I do not know why some people learn the lessons of eternity through trial and suffering--while others learn similar lessons through rescue and healing. I do not know all of the reasons, all of the purposes, and I do not know everything about the Lord’s timing. With Nephi, you and I can say that we “do not know the meaning of all things” (1 Nephi 11:17). But some things I absolutely do know. I know we are spirit sons and daughters of a loving Heavenly Father. I know the Eternal Father is the author of the plan of happiness. I know Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I know Jesus enabled the Father’s plan through His infinite and eternal Atonement. I know that the Lord, who was “bruised, broken, [and] torn for us” (“Jesus of Nazareth, Savior and King,” Hymns, no. 181), can succor and strengthen “his people according to their infirmities” (Alma 7:12). And I know one of the greatest blessings of mortality is to not shrink and to allow our individual will to be “swallowed up in the will of the Father” (Mosiah 15:7). "


I just want to add my testimony to his, I know with all my heart that this is God's eternal plan of happiness, and I know that he loves his children. I am so grateful to get to serve him by serving those children. 

Also, go read this talk it's AMAZING. that we might not shrink by elder Bednar 

Onward, ever onward. And remember not to shrink. 
❤❤❤

Sister Jones 


sister McEwen...I mean Dakota.....my trainer 💛💛
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment