Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Seal it for thy courts above..

Well.  I just got kicked off to the computer at the library by a
little Asian boy so he can play mine craft.  These kids rule the
library.....ha so this will be brief.

What a week! We weren't expecting it, but we got a transfer call
yesterday!  Sister Howard is getting transferred and I am getting a
new companion in River Valley, Sister Holbrook.

This week consisted of us getting dropped by all of our investigators
or we dropped them....so we're currently just on a mission to find
people who actually want the gospel, and we will find them!  My only
question is WHERE THE HECK ARE THEY??  Hahah but really.  This week
was interesting, we did a ton of searching for the elect, and probably
about 99% of the people we talked with weren't interested in their own
salvation.  But there is that 1% that actually listened and considered
letting us show them more of God's plan for them!  I have realized
that every "no", every slammed door, every hurtful comment we get,
they're all worth it to find the 1% that want to listen.  And I have
been on my mission long enough to realize that there is never a bad
week.  So here are the miracles/tender mercies we saw:

-it's finally to the time of the year where the sun sets before 9 and
we actually SEE it. Alberta skies though....
-we got to give a training at the new leadership meeting and it went
really well!  We'll take any excuse to be with President and Sister
Manion ...they're the greatest.
-we met a new Indian friend named Paras, and he wants us to come
 back on Sunday to "talk of Jesus" with him. :)
-we went and visited a lady in the ward named Carol and had a really
powerful message with her and we all cried and she said it was just
what she needed. Little did she know that it was just what WE needed.
Funny how that works.
-we also met another Indian lady named Celine, who is Roman Catholic
and said we could come teach her!
-we stopped by another member's home to share a little message, and 
right before we left, the husband told us that it was just what they needed. 
-we knocked on a man named Chris' door last night and told him that God 
loves him, and he told us that he really needed his support right now.  We 
asked if he believes in God, and he said no, but he would like to talk about it
next week.  WHAT THE??  so yeah we'll be going back next week.  
-we had supper with our Recent Convert (baptized in May) Comfort, and she fed us
 like....so much food i went into the washroom after and almost puked.  it was bad.  
she just really doesn't want us to starve...ha but she is amazing and we're 
getting her ready to go to the temple to do baptisms! 
one night, as we were driving home on the Henday, the sunset was UN.REAL.  (like
most nights) but man it was breath taking.  And lo and behold the song that came on 
in the car was MoTab's version of Come Thou Fount and it was just perfect.  
the third verse just hit me hard though:

O to grace how great a debtor daily I'm constrained to be!
Let thy goodness like a fetter, bind my wandering heart to thee
Prone to wander Lord I feel it, prone to leave the God I love
Here's my heart, O take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above
I am so indebted to my Saviour, sometimes it's overwhelming.  His
grace is always there to make ALL the difference in our lives.  So many
times i feel SO prone to wander.  Prone to doubts and fears.  Prone to give
up the fight.  but then he gives me that grace that I need to lift me and
propel me forward!  To give of your heart is a big sacrifice, it goes against our
natural instincts of selfishness, doubt, and ultimately pride.  But when we 
give it up to him, and consecrate it to him, the blessings are REAL.  Salvation
and joy are REAL.  And i am so grateful for the grace that Christ gives me
each and every day.  "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength
 I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my
God, for in his strength I can do all things;"
Onward, ever onward.
Sister Jones 


No comments:

Post a Comment