Tuesday, October 27, 2015

SO THY SUCCOR SHALL BE

Poutine with Cassidy😊
Not much happened this week, life is still good and the gospel is still the bomb diggity.  

I ate some poutine today (which i don't normally do because it's basically a heart attack waiting to happen) and that was good.  Cassidy from GP came and took us to costco for lunch. :)  It was a lot of fun!  

Sister Lefler & I!
We went on two exchanges this past week!  First with Sister Lefler who is such a hard worker!  It was a lot of fun.  We had a bunch of lessons set up and we were supposed to get some new investigators and then they all fell through....hahh.  such is life.  So we did lots of bus station contacting.  Gave away some Book of Mormons and it was super fun.  We actually talked to this girl, Rita, who we met about a week before, and she wants us to come to her christian school to talk to everyone.  She said she was going to talk to her pastor about it...we'll see if he lets us come.. :) 

We had this really powerful lesson with a member's daughter who is recovering from addictions and it was all about our divine nature as daughters of God and man...the spirit was so real.  God's tender mercies are the real deal.  
 
basically the rest of the week we visited members and did a TON of contacting.  We knocked doors, went to the bus station, store contacted (very sneakily of course) and basically anything we could think of.  We also helped almost everyone in our little cul-de-sac rake their yards!  It was so wonderful!  it was like a big neighborhood family bonding day. :) They're all from crazy places.  One from Ukraine, Russia, Kenya, and our landlord, Solo from Eritrea...Edmonton is the best.  So diverse :) 

We have these signs we made that say things like, "Jesus loves you!" and "we have a message that will change your life" and "we have a free Book of Mormon for you!".  When we're at stop lights we show them to people next to us and usually they just smile and don't look back at us, but this one guy was super happy!  We showed him them all and he gave us a thumbs up, then we showed him the Book of Mormon one and he flipped us off and drove away...hahahah. we still show them to people. 
 
 
 
Temple with the Sisters

this week will be filled with craziness!  We got to go to the temple this morning which was glorious, tomorrow we have a Sisters Conference that we're giving trainings at, MLC on Thursday.  it will be fun. :) Oh and some more exchanges, and guess where i'm going? DRAYTON VALLEY YAYYYY!!!  I'm stoked.  

Sister Williams!!❤❤
I also got to exchange with Sister Williams who has a heart of PURE GOLD.  She is amazing I just love her.  And she was a good sport when all our plans fell through and we tracted in the rain all day.  #rainorshine 

Sunday was DIVINE.  Saturday night, I won't lie, I was feeling a bit down and sorry for myself and I just felt like I couldn't do it anymore and I just wanted to be done!  I decided to fast, which always lifts my spirits, and Heavenly Father provided me with some real tender mercies.  First of all, we were in the hallway in between classes at church, and who comes around the corner but my favourite SISTER CURRY (from Drayton Valley) !!! She was in Edmonton and came to our ward!  My heart just rejoiced!  Then in sacrament meeting, we sang my all time favourite hymn #85 "How Firm a Foundation".  Usually it's the third verse that gets me, but this time, the second verse made my heart even happier!  
" In ev'ry condition--in sickness, in health,
In poverty's vale or abounding in wealth,
At home or abroad, on the land or the sea--
As thy days may demand, as thy days may demand,
As thy days may demand, so thy succor shall be."

No matter how much is demanded of us, the Lord is there with us and his comfort and support is there for us each and every time.  Even though I am exhausted and the rejection is hard to face everyday, it's not too much.  God gives us what will stretch us, but will never let us break.  His purpose is our growth.  It is OUR ETERNAL LIFE he is wanting for us.  Nothing else.  Our well being is his only concern.  
 
"For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."
  Moses 1:39 
 
  And this is life eternalthat they might know thee the only true Godand Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent
John 17:3

God is good and the gospel is true.  Don't give up, my friends! 

Onward, ever onward. 

Sister Jones 

Sister Mckeon wants to take cute pictures and I just do this... #creeper



5. 






No comments:

Post a Comment