Monday, September 8, 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like...Christmas??


Hey everyone!

yeah.  It snowed last night and all of this morning.  Actually, it's still going pretty strong.  Apparently it's the earliest they've seen snow up here, so that's exciting I guess!  First time I'll have snow for my birthday!!!  ......

Anyways, this week was good!
On Tuesday we had exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders.  Since Grande Prairie is 5 hours away, when we do exchanges, both of them come here and we basically have to double book our appointments and such, so it's a bit stressful.  I was really nervous because I feel like I'm still super new and don't know the area well enough to not get lost and all that, but it was SO GOOD!  Sister Tanner was my companion for the day and we started off by going out to Wembley for an appointment.  We planned on teaching Donald about our life on earth and the atonement, but he was super confused about the Book of Mormon.  Apparently we didn't explain it very well and he thought it was our version of the bible. oops.  So we got that all cleared up!  He has like over 20 different versions of the bible, but alas, no king james version.  We are getting him one this week so he can read the most correct one.  We weren't sure we should keep teaching him, because he hasn't been progressing at all, but now I feel like he totally will!  So that was good.
We tracted for a while out in Wembley and actually got a few new potentials!  SO EXCITING!  We'll be teaching them this week, I'm stoked.
We also had supper with a less active family, they have a little girl and she TOTALLY reminds me of Sophi!  It's so great.

I learned so much on exchanges.  I had to take the lead in lessons and felt so great about it after.  You truly do grow so much when you get out of your comfort zone.  "there's no comfort in the growing zone and no growing in the comfort zone".

I was pretty sick with a cold this week, and it was pretty frustrating.  Being sick on a mission is the WORST.  But now I'm all better after loading up on the cold medicine.  But now Sister McEwen has it...oops.  :)

Like I said before, we've really been trying to involve the members in missionary work.  We asked a few specific people to bear their testimonies in fast and testimony meeting about missionary work yesterday.  Let me tell you, it was SO GOOD!  The spirit was so strong, and I think it got some people really excited about missionary work.  Things are definitely looking up.

We got dropped by one of our investigators though...that was a shot right to the heart.  It's hard when people literally say no their eternal salvation...I didn't realize how big of a deal it is until I got out here.
I was a little discouraged, but read in the September Ensign an article called, Your Journey of Giving (y'all should give it a good read) and this quote really stood out to me:
"In the days ahead you will find many occasions to murmur. But remember that God is in control and is never absent. Remember that your call is to work after the manner of the Lord, not after the manner of men, and that by following His voice, you will become a powerful instrument in His hands for doing good."

Also, this talk by Pres. Uchtdorf is PHENOMENAL!  Read it.  
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2009/10/the-love-of-god?lang=eng

By being obedient, we show our love for God.  I've found that God is literally WAITING to give us blessings, he is just waiting for us to obey his commandments, and once we do, he will pour them out upon us and we won't even have room enough to receive them!  It's incredible.  

I love you all!  this work is truly amazing.  Rough at times, but "sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven", right? :)  I am so thankful to be here and I know without a doubt that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the one and only true church here on the earth.  It is the same church that Jesus Christ organized in His earthly ministry, and there is no other way to happiness.  Satan tries to fool us into thinking that his way will bring happiness, but it only brings temporary satisfaction.  Accepting Jesus Christ and living according to His teachings is the only way to gain true joy in this life, as well as in the life to come.  

keep up the good work, my friends, onward, ever onward.  

love
sister jones 


Our faces when it starts snowing on September 7th.... -___-


No comments:

Post a Comment