Tuesday, April 7, 2015

"then I will make weak things become strong unto them.."

Happy Tuesday everyone!
Sorry I didn't email yesterday, Canadians take any chance they can for a monday holiday, and yesterday was Easter Monday! :) 
This week was eventful, not too much for our area, but we did quite a bit! 
*we had 3 pass over lessons with the YSA elders of people we've found, and ALL OF THEM ACCEPTED THE INVITATION TO BE BAPTIZED!!!  #blessings
*I ended my 40 day fast from sweets and when I ate sweets for the first time I think my body almost shut down it was terrible.  Hahah  I think I'll do it again for Peggy, to help her quit smoking again. 
*Conference was INCREDIBLE!!!  I went with 4 questions about specific people we're working with, and they were ALL answered.  God's power is REAL. 
*I have developed shin splints that put quite a damper on things as a walking missionary.  The mission nurse is going to show me how to wrap them with athletic tape to ease the pain a bit, but the works of God CANNOT be frustrated!
*The first session of conference, Felix came!  He was one we passed over to the elders, and he loved it!  He's from Rowanda.  And totally wants to be baptized.  We found him on the bus a couple weeks ago!  Actually...we found all of the new YSA investigators on the bus. 
*Victor, another man we found on the bus came to the last session of conference!  He doesn't live in our area, but we got the missionaries where he lives in contact with him. :)

Yesterday was a WONDERFUL start to this new week!  We were finally able to meet with Henk again!  We met again at the cafeteria at his place, and invited another guy to join in on the discussion.  We taught the Plan of Salvation, and it was so great.  The spirit was there and Henk wants to continue to meet.  We're going to have his next lesson in a members home that we think he'd get along with on Thursday!  Teaching him is so humbling, he doesn't speak, so he writes everything down to communicate with us.  I just love that guy. 
Also, an update on the lost sheep we found at the bus stop about a month ago, he watched conference and loved it and posted on facebook about it and it just made my heart rejoice.  I will be forever grateful for that day at the bus stop. :)  He's coming back!!!
We also visited this less active lady in the ward, she's hungarian and she's the sweetest lady I've ever met.  We ate her hungarian food and then watched the Because He Lives video with her.  She didn't know how to find general conference in hungarian, so we set that up for her as well.  I just love her. :) 
There's an article in the ensign for this month called, "It isn't a Sin To Be Weak".  I read it and it has already changed everything for me!!!  https://www.lds.org/ensign/2015/04/it-isnt-a-sin-to-be-weak?lang=eng
We are given our weaknesses so that God can help us turn them into strengths. 
"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." [Ether 12:27]
 
As I read this article....it occurred to me that personally, overcoming weaknesses is harder for me than repenting for sins! 
"We don’t just renounce our weakness the way we renounce sin. Humble disciples willingly do what’s required, learn resilience, keep trying, and do not give up. . .We start small, rejoice in improvement, and take risks (even though they make us feel vulnerable and weak)." 
 
Overcoming weakness is literally a life long pursuit.  We can only overcome our weaknesses as we a) humble ourselves, b) turn to Christ and c) have faith in Him.
God has made me weak so that I can be humble; God has made me weak so that my faith can grow and change me everyday into a powerful instrument in his hands to bless the lives of my brothers and sisters. 
 
i love this gospel. 
i love the Lord.
and I love being a missionary. 
 
Onward, ever onward. 
Sister Jones
I love this place!



No comments:

Post a Comment