Monday, March 30, 2015

For all this, there is a reward in Heaven

I've officially been out for 8 months today. WEIRD.

I thought I was better from being sick, but I've sounded like batman all week with a sore throat.  

We taught Henk on Wednesday!  He lives at the halfway house, so we just taught him in the cafeteria.  The lesson was going so well, so much spirit, when all of a sudden this guy just marches over to our table and starts yelling at us and at Henk asking him if he knew we were "the mormons" who don't believe in Jesus Christ and all this freaky stuff.  So we told him that we believe that Jesus Christ is our Savior.  But he wasn't having it.  It's really sad to see such hard hearted people.  We really can't help them if they're not willing to listen.  So we just let him walk away.  I was shaking.

We had a few other experiences like that the same morning..such an eye opener.  But then I came across a scripture in my studies: D&C 127:4

"...be continued on and not cease; and let your diligence, and your perseverance, and patience, and your works be redoubled, and you shall in nowise lose your reward, saith the Lord of Hosts. And if they persecute you, so persecuted they the prophets and righteous men that were before you. For all this there is a reward in heaven."

SO POWERFUL.  
I am just amazed at how God knows exactly what we need when we need it.  

We taught our new investigator, Mary!  A member from another area texted us saying that he had a friend who needed missionaries to stop by, so we called her and went on over!  We taught her a little bit of the restoration, and she is SO ready for the gospel.  She'll be gone for a couple weeks though, but she said she would be baptized if she comes to know it's true! :)  

Women's conference was superb, not going to lie, all that talk on family made me a little trunky for mine. 

 I was reading in Helaman 13 yesterday about Samuel the Lamanite.  soo..at this point, Samuel has been kicked out of the city for preaching the gospel, so he's heading home an tells him to go back.  So he goes back, but they won't let him back into the city.  I think this poin s what sets apart a consecrated member of the church/missionary from the average:  Samuel doesn't take no as an answer, and CLIMBS ON TOP OF A WALL to preach the gospel even though they told him to stop.  This is not convenient, easy work.  This is Salvation.  This gospel is not easy.  It stretches us and takes us into places we never thought we would go.  It molds us into who we need to be.  And I love it.  


I was reading in Helaman 13 yesterday about Samuel the Lamanite.  At this point, Samuel has been kicked out of the city for preaching the gospel, so he's heading home and God tells him to go back.  So he goes back, but they won't let him back into the city.  I think this point is what sets apart  a consecrated member of the church/missionary from the average:  Samuel doesn't take no as an answer, and CLIMBS ON TOP OF A WALL to preach the gospel even though they told him to stop.  This is not convenient, easy work.  This is Salvation.  This gospel is not easy.  It stretches us and takes us into places we never thought we would go.  It molds us into who we need to be.  And I love it.  


I hope ya'll have a good time watching general conference, I know I will!  

Onward, ever onward.


Sister Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment