Tuesday, January 19, 2016

ET PHONEHOME

PLOT TWIST!!! I'm getting emergency transferred to a new area in an hour.  President called last night and told me he had a new assignment for me, and I'm just like, oooh cool what is it?(an ET didn't even cross my mind) And he told me a sister has to go home because of medical issues and he needs me to go to Londonderry to be a Sister Training Leader again for my last 3 weeks.  So yeah that just happened.  

I kind of have been just crying and packing and I totally threw my 6 weeks to sexy goal (not eating treats for my last 6 weeks) out the window and I ate half of a chocolate orange last night so yeah that's about where I'm at right now.  

I have grown to love this area SO MUCH it's insane.  When we got transfer calls I didn't want to come, but at this point i just love these people like none other and i just love it and i love my companions.  I basically didn't sleep last night and have been trying to receive a confirmation that this is all meant to be, but I haven't really gotten that yet.  One thing I do know is that President is called of God and I trust his inspiration.  So here we go!  

God's timing couldn't have been more perfect with everything though, we had exchanges with River Valley yesterday and Sister Lee and I got to go with my bff Sister Mckeon!!!! it was so much fun, i love that girl more than that chocolate orange I ate last night....so yeah.  
On our exchange, we were about to visit someone, and while we were praying before, Sister McKeon saw this certain street in her head, so we decided to go there and see who God needed us to find.  We knocked this little group of houses and this guy, Emmanuel was like, "who are you??" and we were just like, "messengers from God!" and he was like "oh you're mormons!"  then we got talking to him and got to give him a Book of Mormon and it was super funny.  He was great. Then we got to try to teach his neighbour, Mohammed, (hahahhahah emmanuel and mohammed live right next door to each other) but he just wanted to convert us and it was a gong show. but yeah it was fun. :) 

I almost got hit by a bus last week.  We were at a long stop light and there were people at the bus stop right next to us, so I jumped out of the car to give them pamphlets and the bus was coming and everyone was like, "ahhhhhh m'am the bus!!!" and I just gave them the pamphlets and ran and was like, "it'll change your life!!!!!"  ha.  i think I've lost it.  I'm gonna miss this.  

At that same stop light a different time, there was this car of little teenage hooligans next to us with their windows rolled down, so I rolled down mine and showed them the "JESUS LOVES YOU" sign and they were like YES YES (except the kid in the back seat who kept yelling "Allah Allah Allah!!!" )but the kid in the front was like, "can i take a picture??" so I said yes and to go to mormon.org and he took the picture.  it was pretty funny.  

so yeah i can't even think right now things are CRAY my thoughts are all over the place.  
but one thing I do know is that God's ways are higher than our ways.  


I love this work and I am so grateful for all the experiences I have had in this valley of the rainbows. :)  Sorry for all of you whom I didn't email today, time just isn't a thing I have to do that right now. :) I'll catch y'all next week! 

Onward, ever onward.  


Sister Jones 

 Exchanges❤
 Danika 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment