Tuesday, January 5, 2016

"Get a grip....." -President Manion

Greetings from the valley full of rainbows and young single adults.  This week actually felt very long. Not being a sister training leader slows things down a bit, but we have been fairly busy with contacting and teaching.  Being in a tripan is a bit crazy, I kind of feel like I have two little sidekicks when we walk around (probably because I'm assertive and kind of loud and sister Lee and sister Lefler are pretty chill and quiet) so it has been an adventure. I'm trying not to talk so much.

YSA is....good? It's good. It's really fun to interact with people my age! Sacrament meeting was dead quiet hahahah. But we had two investigators at church! John and Rebecca. John has been taught mostly everything, His girlfriend is a member and he's on date for baptism in May.  He's doing pretty well, we had a lesson with him after church and he really opened up with what he's struggling with, so we now know how to help him make the decision, he's so close!!!

Rebecca is a member of another church but said she would be baptized here if it was true!  She liked church, but will be gone this week for a retreat activity for her other church.

We got asked to teach the gospel principles class like 5 seconds before it started...that was fun. The lesson was on the word of wisdom. Haha. Thank goodness for the manual and the Holy Ghost.

I'm grateful that I'm in this area because guess what we get......BUS PASSES FOR THE LRT!!!!!!!
As you all know, Bus/LRT contacting is my favourite thing in the universe.  We spend quite a bit of time contacting there and we have been able to talk to so many amazing people. I talked to this super great Chinese girl named Ivy, and she is so excited to learn more!!!

The first day I was here, we decided to do some contacting at the west Edmonton mall. Bad idea.  Haha...with two people, it's no big deal, but with three of us, it just seemed like a mob..and yeah it didn't work out as I had hoped. So we went to the bus station there which was actually PERFECT. The first people we talked to were Fionah (and her parents who didn't speak English.)When we asked if Fionah had heard of the Book of Mormom, she said that her friend tried to give her one, but that she didn't know where she put it. We asked if we could give her another, and she just jumped up and down and said, "YES YES YES PLEASE!!!" She was so stoked it was amazing. She was going to come to church with us, but didn't feel good. But we're meeting with her on Thursday!  I'm so excited, she's so great.

I have started the weird "MY PLAN" thing for missionaries to complete in their last transfer (where you set goals for real life and stuff)...and it's kind of weird. I may or may not have had a bit of a
melt down and asked president if I could extend...but all he said was "the lord called you to serve for 18 months and I don't have authority to make it longer...get a grip and get going with your my plan." So here I am trying to get a grip and just face it...hahahah oh man....it has just FLOWN by.

A big tender mercy, I know some people in this Ward from my past areas!!! One of them being a less active who used to live in forest heights and I just love her and her family so much. We got to see her
on Sunday, she's struggling a lot, but man I am just so glad I am here and can try my best to help.

Okay so my Book of Mormon reading this week has been PHENOMENAL and so full of the spirit. I just...can't get enough of that book!!! It's so true!!! I am in the book of Ether reading the story of the brother of Jared. That guy and his faith just AMAZE me. (Go read it right now if you haven't in a while...Ether 2-4) I have learned so much about how the Lord can guide us and give us answers to our questions. I just want the spirit to work through me to bless others 24/7. As I was reading I just had the question, how do I have experiences like the brother of Jared? Then i kept reading and found these verses, "...they shall repent of their iniquity, and become clean before the Lord. 7 And in that day that they shall exercise faith in me, saith the Lord, even as the brother of Jared did, that they may become sanctified in me, then will I manifest unto them the things which the brother of Jared saw, even to the unfolding unto them all my revelations, saith Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Father of the heavens and of the earth, and all things that in them are."  I also thought of this verse which is a recitation for our mission, Alma 26:22 "22 Yea, he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good works, and prayeth continually without ceasing--unto such it is given to know the mysteries of God; yea, unto such it shall be given to reveal things which never have been revealed; yea, and it shall be given unto such to bring thousands of souls to repentance, even as it has been given unto us to bring these our brethren to repentance." I am just so happy to be a missionary right now, my heart is FILLED TO THE BRIM. I love this work and I love my Savior so much. I hope that
each of you know that you have a Savior, Jesus Christ who has already paid the price for you to have peace and happiness here in this crazy world. I love you all!!!

Onward, ever onward.

Sister Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment