Monday, March 16, 2015

Don't Count The Cost

greetings from the big city of Edmonton!
 
the new area is a bit crazy, right downtown.  We're a walking/bussing area, but I would argue that we do little to no walking and almost never stop running.  Let's just say I'm definitely sore. :)  I absolutely LOVE the energy of the city.  Everything is so fast and it reminds me of how urgent this work really is.  SO MANY PEOPLE TO SHARE HAPPINESS WITH! 
 
I'm follow up training Sister Trujillo.  She's amazing!  From Colorado and has so much drive for the work, I couldn't have asked for a better companion.
 
This week has been insane!  Before leaving Drayton, I said goodbye to all my favorite people, it was sad.  Drayton Valley has become my home!  But all is well because Heavenly Father has a plan.  and Forest Heights is a whole new adventure. 
 
We met with our investigator, Peggy, on Friday, and she's such a sweetheart!  She's on date for baptism in June, she's trying to quit smoking.  We're going to go over the stop smoking program with her this week and hopefully she can get baptized sooner! 
 
I've found my new favorite thing.....BUS CONTACTING!!! 
it's so much fun. 
as long as we don't miss our stop..hahah that's always stressful. 
I'm slowly learning the routes and the area, by the end of this week I'm hoping to know how to get around without too much help.
 
COOL STORY:
Sister Trujillo and I were waiting for our bus while downtown, and started talking to this lady about the gospel, and this guy stood next to me and I felt like I should talk to him.  So I turned, and he says, "How are the battles today, sister?"  We got talking and turns out he's a member!  He said he didn't know what ward he's in and hasn't been to church in years, so we got his address and everything, and he's in our ward. :)  The Elders are going to stop by his place and we're going to help him get back to church. :)  The Lord really does put people in our path everyday that we can reach out to, we just have to be doing our part. 

I was reading a talk this week about missionary work (go figure) and one line in it really stood out to me.  "Don't Count The Cost."  When God asks us to make a sacrifice, there will ALWAYS be a cost; and as humans, we tend to focus too much on the cost.  BUT THAT WILL GET YOU NOWHERE!  Anything God asks us to do will bring immeasurable blessings when compared to the cost.  So I'm trying my best to forget about the cost of being a disciple of Jesus Christ, and constantly remember why I'm here.  I'm here because I love the Lord, and I love the people, and I know that this is the real deal! 

Onward, ever onward.
Sister Jones


No comments:

Post a Comment