Monday, March 9, 2015

You can take me out of Drayton Valley, but you can't take the Drayton Valley out of me

well i'm being transferred and to be completely honest I'm a bit peeved!!!  BUT....obviously Heavenly Father knows what he's doing.  I just have to humble myself and do as the Lord asks to see what I can learn in the big city of Edmonton!  I have been serving outlying my whole mission, and now am headed to Forest Heights!  Which is apparently the downtown of Edmonton and super crazy.  (this is what I'm told) so a new adventure is about to begin!  *holds back tears*..............

this week was really great though!

We taught Chaise a few times and watched the Joseph Smith movie with him and Carrie.  The spirit was definitely there and he most definitely felt it.  He has been a little hesitant about everything though because he really doesn't want to be deceived.  Which is understandable.  He's still on date though and still not smoking. :) I'm so sad I won't be here for his baptism.  We also went to his open mic night and met a pastor named Seth who wants to meet with us.  We're not sure of his intentions, but it'll be an adventure for sure!  

We had our musical fireside which ended up just being the sister missionary, Palsky, and Curry show.  it was a success though!  Lots of nonmembers came and the spirit was so strong.  I didn't die singing in front of everyone, so that was a plus..  Heavenly Father definitely doesn't call the qualified..but qualifies the called.  

Gloria, our etgernigator finally committed to pray about baptism!!!  She has been investigating for almost 3 years and still won't commit, but she's getting there!  She's the greatest.  

On Friday, we got dropped by Mellisa and her family.  
Then Lynn dropped us and said this isn't helping her at all.  

Agency is the worst sometimes!!!  

and we decided that daylight savings is just Satan in disguise, because nobody came to church since they slept in!  hahah.  such is life I guess!

But honestly Drayton Valley has been the greatest place on earth.  It is my home.  And I'm so sad to be leaving all the people I love so much, but I'm excited to see what's in store for the future.  

looking back on my time in DV, I think the biggest lesson I have learned is that nobody is ever too far gone for the atonement.  Not ever.  The power of his grace reaches far beyond any of us can imagine.  We've taught recovering meth addicts, drug dealers, and criminals, and been able to see the love and power of the atonement change their hearts and countenances into who God has created them to be.  I have learned to love more deeply than I ever knew I could, and I've seen how pure, Christlike love can enable people to leave behind their old ways and take courage.  Courage to humble themselves before our loving Heavenly Father and submit to his will, however hard it will be.  I love this gospel.  I love these people.  and I'm happy to say I'm a changed person from serving in the promised land of Drunken Valley...I mean..Drayton Valley ;) 

"and they separated themselves and departed one from another, trusting in the Lord that they should meet again at the close of their harvest; for they supposed that great was the work which they had undertaken." Alma 17:13



Onward, ever onward.  

Sister Jones



No comments:

Post a Comment