Tuesday, June 16, 2015

a family is forever

Just a few miracles this week:

*about a month ago, I talked to this lady, Lori, on the bus who has a family of 5!  She wanted us to come and teach them, but whenever we called, they were busy and weren't home when we stopped by.  On Thursday, we were near her house, and all our plans fell through, our backup wasn't going to work, so we decided to go knock on her door.  She came and was so happy to see us!  She just cried and vented about her struggles and how she wants her family to be happier and we taught her on her porch. (the kids weren't home) She recognizes us as disciples of Christ and knows we can help her!  We set a return appointment to teach her family, but it ended up falling through.  We'll see them this week though!  I'm so excited to help them become a forever family. :) 
*The Tagalog elders found someone for us, her name is Angie, but all the times we have stopped by, she hasn't been home.  We had some other plans for the day, and as we were doing that, I just kept getting the thought to catch the bus and go see Angie.  So we did.  AND SHE ACTUALLY ANSWERED THE DOOR THIS TIME!  She was busy, but we were able to get her phone number so we can set up a time!  She told us she has been reading the Book of Mormon and loves it.  She wants to learn more! :)  We'll hopefully teach her this week. 
*we taught Leo, the man who read our nametags, gave us his number, and then ran away!  He brought his friend, Lucy, who is also super solid!  They both want to learn more it's so humbling to find prepared people like them. :) 

In Sacrament Meeting on sunday, this cute little family sang, "I Love To See The Temple" and it was the most precious thing.  The end of the second verse says,


"For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I've learned this truth:
A family is forever."

and you all know me i totally cried.  My heart just filled with joy!  I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ, because He makes it possible for us to be with those we love for ETERNITY.  I think I have definitely taken this truth for granted as I've grown up, but I am so thankful for the Plan of Salvation.  God's purpose is to help us to have eternal joy. 
I LOVE THE GOSPEL
I LOVE THE LORD
I LOVE CANADA
god bless and onward, ever onward. 
Sister Jones

washing windows :)

No comments:

Post a Comment