Tuesday, June 30, 2015

MARVELOUS MANIFESTATIONS

kay all i can say today is WOW THE POWER OF GOD IS SO REAL.
sorry if none of this makes sense...i can't even begin to describe the
miracles we experienced this week.  here we go...

MANIFESTATION #1
we were on the bus and i sat by this man named Kazir.  He is from west
  Africa and has only been here for 6 weeks, and speaks very little
english.  As i started teaching him about the gospel and bearing my
testimony, he told me, "whenever anyone speaks english to me, i don't
understand. but when you speak, i understand." the spirit was so
powerful and i got to teach him the gospel even though i don't speak
french and he doesn't speak english!!!   WHHHHAT??  "when a man
speaketh by the power of the Holy Ghost the power of the Holy Ghost
carrieth it unto the hearts of the children of men."  it was so
incredible... then when i pulled out the book of mormon for him, he
just LIT UP and said, "THE MORMONS!  YES! YES!" i just got off the bus
after that and couldn't even speak.  wow.  the missionaries in his
area will be teaching his family now.

MANIFESTATION #2
i can't even really describe this experience to do it justice.
last night, we were supposed to have an appointment with a less
active, but she wouldn't  answer her buzzer.  So we left and decided
to try some other members.  We went to catch the bus to our next
appointment and it just drove right past us....so we waited for the
next one.  it came pretty soon after, and we hopped on.  I sat by this
lady who moved after i tried to say hello....awkward hahahhh...so i
just sat there for a minute trying to figure out who i needed to sit
by.  there was a guy in front of me and a guy behind me.  I got up and
sat next to the guy in the back, his name is Shane.  Heavenly Father
literally just handed me this teaching opportunity on a silver
platter, i briefly taught him the plan of salvation and he started
asking me about repentance.  he heard a pastor talk about it when he
was in jail, so we talked about it and it was an incredible
conversation.  meanwhile (this will make sense later) the man who was
a few rows in front of us kept looking back kind of angrily at us,
then he got off the bus.  all of a sudden our stop came and i basically
just threw a book ofmormon, plan of salvation pamphlet, and our card
 at him and told him that he needed to text us asap.  he said he would. and
guess what HE ACTUALLY DID!  We called him after we got home and this
is where we see how God's hand is truly in EVERYTHING.  Shane has been
in and out of  jail since he was 18 (8 years now) for fighting and drugs and all
that stuff.  On that bus last night, he was going to get off at the
same stop as the man in front of us to fight him.  He told me that he
was ready to give up and didn't care if he went back to jail.  He was
done trying and was in a really dark place.  then at  that time, i got
up  and sat by him.  he said he was so moved by our conversation that
he got off the  bus and threw out all the alcohol he had with him and
wanted to go home to his family to tell them that he was ready to
change and wanted to turn things around.  he kept saying that he felt
something that he has never felt before and he needed to repent and
change.  he said, "when you go home to your family, you need to tell
them that you saved a lost indian boy's life today."  there are no
words for this miracle that God showed me.  He is literally in the
details of not only my life, but in all the lives of those around me,
whether they realize it or not.  His timing is PERFECT.  I am so
amazed and even more humbled that God used me to help one of his lost
and searching children.  Little old me.

"11 But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in
my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.

12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for
in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles
we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name
forever." [Alma 26]

"13 Wherefore, I call upon the weak things of the world, those who are
unlearned and despised, to thresh the nations by the power of my
Spirit;" [d&c 35]

there were so many other miracles wrought by the Lord through us, his
little weak servants, this week.  It is so true that when you
sacrifice and consecrate your all to the Lord, He uses you to bring
about MIRACLES.  His way and his will is so much better than ours.  i
know with all my heart that He is the way.  I LOVE THE GOSPEL!!!

Onward, ever onward.


Sister Jones



 our wonderful district


No comments:

Post a Comment