Tuesday, June 9, 2015

In Christ Alone

we taught like no lessons this week which was hard, but we had a few really neat experiences that were HUGE testaments of God's love for me and for everyone around me. 

 
*after meeting with a less active downtown, we were heading to the Edmonton General Hospital to visit a lady there.  We ran to catch our bus, but it ended up leaving and we were on the wrong side of the road...so we just decided to walk the 10 blocks to the hospital.  As we were walking, this man passed by us and was staring at our name tags so we stopped and started talking to him.  He just kept reading out name tags as we were closer and says, "oh!  you're from Jesus!  okay I'll give you my number then and you can call me!" then he gave us his number and ran away...sister moser and i just looked at each other like...WHHHATTTT??  so we called him yesterday and now are going to teach him tomorrow!  :) 
 
*literally like...a minute after that, we were waiting for the light to change for the cross walk and we hear behind us, "hey, are you missionaries?" so we turn and see this pretty rough looking girl stand up and come toward us.  So we went over and started talking with her.  She told us that she was baptized a couple years ago but she got back into drugs and was having a really hard time.  She just told us that she felt like she needed to share her testimony, but didn't know how, and she needed help.  we just sat down on the dirty sidewalk with her and talked and i don't even remember what I said.  I just remember telling her that God has a plan for her and loves her and a bunch of other stuff.  I don't know of a time that I have felt the spirit as strong as it was as it just spoke through me.  THIS IS WHY I AM A MISSIONARY!  Right here.  I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father gives me experiences like that to remind me of the divinity of this gospel.  and the urgency of it. 
 
We wouldn't have had those experiences if we caught the bus!  Heavenly Father knows what he's doing.  Always. 

The Tagalog elders found a couple people for us to teach, so on Saturday, we were trying by one of them, but she wasn't home.  We tried all of our backups, but no one was home.  (and it was blazing hot outside....but not really..i think I'm just turning in to a Canadian!) Sister Moser and I both thought of this less active we had tried like a bajillion times before, and never succeeded.  and alas, we tried one more time.  She was home and we got to teach her and it was glorious!   Never postpone a prompting! 
 
the other person the Tagalog elders found for us, we taught yesterday!  Her name is Boi (pronounced Booey) and she's from Botswana and is the african female version of Joseph Smith, i'm telling you!  She has dealt with so much persecution and finally got to Canada after some people trying to kill her.  She's now here and wonders why there are so many churches.  She wants to find the truth and she is SO SOLID!!!  We taught her the Restoration yesterday and committed her to be baptized! We're setting a date on Wednesday with her. :)  I can't believe how prepared this lady is, it's wonderful. 
 
We had to drop Dipa though....she's 87 and can't really hear or see and she isn't going to change religions.  she's the sweetest little Indian lady I've ever met though and she said we could come back for a glass of water and a cookie anytime. :) I think she'll be baptized in the spirit world. 
 
I just wanted to let you all know that if you can center your entire life, everything in it, on only one thing, Jesus Christ, EVERYTHING will fall into place.  I know it.  He is the foundation that if men build upon, "they cannot fall".  If we can always remember him, his spirit will be with us.  When we remember Christ and all he has done for us, there will be "no guilt in life, and no fear in death".  The atonement of Jesus Christ makes everything whole and right.  I know with all my heart that Jesus Christ lives!  And He will never leave us comfortless. 
 
Onward, ever onward. 
Sister Jones

 Dipa and us :) 




 annnnd i got to see my most favorite sister Allison James!!!  my follow up trainer :)
 such a tender mercy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment