Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Temples and happiness and joy and Egyptians

i don't even know how to write about all that happened this week.  SO MUCH.

-the adversary is still trying really hard going against our english class.  The people at the library keep taking down our fliers, then we ask them about it so they put them back up, then the next day we come back and they're gone again!!!  BUT notwithstanding the opposition, John came to our class last week!  He was the only one, and his english is actually really good.  (he's from India) and basically he just asked us a bunch of questions about our church so we ended up teaching him the first lesson.  It was awesome.  he's coming back this week. :)  


-we had supper with the B family!!! and this time the husband was home!  they want to come back to church and they're so close.  they're so wonderful.  They remind me a lot of our family, and they're actually coming back to activity while their girls are almost the same age as Britney and I when our family came back. :)  They wanted to come to church this week, but it was the Montreal temple dedication!


-we're teaching Maggie now!!! She's Egyptian and suuuper Catholic.  it's really awesome because she's in such a good place to receive the restored gospel right now!  We planned on teaching her the restoration, but when we got in there, she just told us about all these family issues she is having and all these hard things in her life, and basically the Holy Ghost was just SCREAMING plan of salvation into my ears, so we taught her part of the Plan of Salvation instead.  she wants to come to church with us this week and she's letting us come back tomorrow!  #pray4maggie 


-I prayed for snow yesterday morning and what happened? about 3 hours later it started DUMPING and it hasn't quit yet.  sooooo.  yeah.  we spent our morning shoveling all our neighbours' driveways.  :)  #askandyeshallreceive


The wheelers and the Jarvis' ❤❤❤


-i had THEEE BIGGEST TENDER MERCY OF MY LIFE THIS WEEKEND.  We met some sisters at the temple, and as we were walking into the lobby, i see through the doors none other than SISTER WHEELER from Grande Prairie!!!!!!  I literally just bolted and she gave me the biggest hug and it was just amazing.  I may or may not have shed a few tears...Brother and Sister Wheeler came back to church just a little before I got to Grande Prairie at the beginning of my mission, and they have since been sealed, and are now doing temple work for their ancestors!!! :)  Sister Wheeler just kept saying, "I think this is what Heaven is going to be like." It was all really emotional and the spirit was just filling my heart with so much JOY!!! like...FILLED TO THE BRIM!!!

"Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." Alma 26:16

that's basically how I feel.  I truly can't even say the smallest part which I feel.  
God is good, my friends.  
Onward, ever onward.
Sister Jones 



No comments:

Post a Comment