Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Off to the valley of rainbows...

well, my friends, transfer calls came and I'm sad to say that my time in River Valley is coming to an end.  I'll be going to Rainbow Valley YSA for my last 6 weeks!  with not only one...but TWO new companions!  Sister Lefler and Sister Lee.  they have both  been out just a few transfers, so it'll be an adventure! I'm excited to see what I can learn from them.  And I'll try my best to convert the young single adult population of Edmonton and try not to be awkward...



Ethiopian Christmas lunch
LOTS OF BLESSINS THIS WEEK 

Christmas was great!  We got to have an Ethiopian lunch (which made my tummy angry) with Solo (our landlord) and his mom and sister!!!  They're all Pentecostal and super amazing, and we got to teach a little about the Godhead with them as well as eternal families.  :) they're such good Christian people.  I love them so much.  Solo also invited us the next day to come to his get together with his bible study group!  They all came over to the house and we ate with them and then had a bible study.  I just prayed my little heart out the whole time that we could share restored truth with them without taking over their class, and Solo would randomly call on us to share our thoughts, so we got to share verses from the Book of Mormon and it was really neat.  Sometimes you really feel the spirit speak through you, and this was one of those times.  It was all really spiritual until the end (when they started repenting out loud and speaking in tongues...) but afterwards, I felt I needed to say more, so I piped up and said something along the lines of "Okay everyone, we want you to know that we can help you come closer to Jesus Christ through reading the Bible and the Book of Mormon, so if you want to learn we would love to teach you." then Solo was like, "wait sistahs wait i have to ask my pastor.".......hahah it was awkward.  But yeah it was good, because a couple people came up afterwards and wanted our card.  One guy took it all sneakily from Sister McKeon's hands.  :) so that was our pentecostal experience. 

We also got to go to Dawuta's for boxing day and eat some DELICIOUS Nigerian food.  She's the best.  

Here's a cool story, we were driving in this neighbourhood, and this guy drove his truck into the driveway and we wanted to talk to him so we pulled over real quick and went to say hello.  we went and he was like, "yeah yeah i know you, you were waving a sign at me from your car the other day." we were like WHAT NO WAY.  He wasn't interested in the least, but it was just really neat that Heavenly Father made our paths cross TWICE.  (also it just strengthened my testimony of proselyting while still in the car... #carsignsforlyfe ) 

We got to go sing at this disabled people home with the Lamoureux's and the Elders on Christmas eve!  it was so much fun.  Sister lamoureux plays the guitar and sings while Brother Lamoureux plays his harmonica. :) It's so great.  i love them.  also the spirit was so strong while doing service on Christmas eve, really just doing what Christ would do.  

yesterday, we were going around so i could say goodbye to people, and we (quite literally) ran into MAGGIE!!!!!!!! She had just returned from Calgary and left her phone while she was away so she couldn't receive our calls or anything.  so she's back on the radar and hopefully will come to church again this week. :) 

We taught Victoria part of the Plan of Salvation and she's now on date for February 13th!!! :) She's so smart and just loves the gospel.  It's amazing.  We asked her what the purpose of life is and she said something along the lines of... "well, each person comes here and can add a little sparkle to the world."  true dat.  

Picture of Maxim from Rwanda!!!
okay for my last little blessin to share with you this week, a couple weeks ago I received a friend request on facebook from a guy named Maxim from Rwanda.  Whenever we receive friend requests from people we don't know, we just message them about the church and what not and try to get them in contact with missionaries in their area.  I sent him the christmas video and then kept chatting with him over the course of a couple weeks, and he went to church this week and is now meeting with the missionaries there!!! :)  It was just such a cool miracle to see.  He said, "  i get there adress and i wos visited them and i got there branch near me at kagugu so thank you for helping me to follow the way of jesus christ and i am planing to stay praying there and you will get more informations about us." then he sent a picture of him and one of the elders. That was just so exciting. God is good, my friends.

I started this little program they have for missionaries in their last 6 weeks called "My Plan" where you basically make goals and plans for when you return home..it didn't go very well today probably because i had a bad attitude about it and resented it the whole time..I just don't want to leave this beautiful place and these amazing people. I have LOVED the mission thus far and serving the Lord with all I have has been an experience of a lifetime. I'm gonna make these last 6 weeks count, I've still got a lot of fight left in me for this work. :)

"Behold, the field is white already to harvest; therefore,whoso desireth to reap let him 
thrust in his sickle with his might, and reap while the day lasts, that he may treasure up for his soul everlasting salvation in the kingdom of God." [D&C  14:3] 

Onward, ever onward. 

Sister Jones 

"Dan Jones-ing" it on top of a massive snow pile

The District 3

Our Moses staff we found in our apartment



Saying bye to sister Quesada

Saying bye to Jody and my favourite kids

No comments:

Post a Comment