Monday, December 22, 2014

Caroling, Christmas Conference and Consecration

This week was CRAZY.  Definitely an emotional rollercoaster.  but so great.  I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY.
Transfers were on Wednesday, and we had our Christmas Conference as well.  We got to watch Meet The Mormons, which was SUPER awesome.  President and Sister Manion did a good job of surprising all of us for that.  All the departing missionaries gave their little testimonies, so when Sister James and Sister McEwen gave theirs i just cried.  I'm not even just saying this to be nice, but I'm pretty positive that President Manion gave me the 2 most solid sisters in the whole mission as my first two companions. 
I also cried tears of joy when I saw Sister Rush and Sister McEwen and all the GP missionaries.
I also saw my good pal from Utah Valley Children's Choir, Elder Josh Barlow!!!  I'm pretty sure the children's choir is taking over the Canada Edmonton Mission.  no big deal.   #armyofhelaman
We totally got lost driving back to Drayton Valley from Edmonton..my bad.  But we made it because Heavenly Father answers prayers and WILL NOT leave us without direction.  literally. 
so I have good news: WE FINALLY HAVE A PROGRESSING INVESTIGATOR!!!!!!!
literally the past 7 weeks have been spent trying to find people to actually teach, and now that our teaching pool has grown, we can focus on helping these people to truly progress in the gospel and head toward baptism!  :)  Her name is Mellisa, she's the one we had to knock the whole range road to find.  We left her with a chapter from the Book of Mormon to read regarding the Spirit World, and she read if multiple times, as well as the pamphlet.  She basically taught us the Plan of Salvation and we answered a couple questions....she believes it all and agrees with everything we teach!  She now just needs to really take it into her own hands and pray to know for herself. 
Sister Whiting and I also were asked to put together a musical number for the program yesterday in Sacrament meeting, so she played the piano, Brother Palsky played the flute, while Sister Palsky and I sang "Still Still Still".  We practiced for a total of like 10 minutes before.  Good thing Sister Whiting is pro at the piano and Heavenly Father made sure not to let me epically fail. 
On Saturday, we did a ton of finding.  All of our appointments fell through, so we decided to invite everyone to the musical program in Sacrament Meeting.  We stopped by Sister Curry's before we knocked her neighborhood, and prayed with her and asked if there was anyone specific she wanted us to go see, she told us about a few people and we were on our way.  After about 10 minutes, we knocked on the door of one of the people she knew, Janeice, and she let us in right away!  We watched "He Is The Gift" with her and her husband, and they totally loved it!  We told them a little about the Plan of Salvation, and we now have a return appointment to meet with them tomorrow
   
This morning, I was reading this talk, and it's SO POWERFUL!  I hope you all give it a good read. https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/10/choose-wisely?lang=eng


"In all things we should remember that being “valiant in the testimony of Jesus” is the great dividing test between the celestial and terrestrial kingdoms."    

Onward, ever onward.
Sister Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment